You are here

Financial Aid

girl lake

Any girl who lives within Girl Scouts of Northern California’s jurisdiction is eligible to apply for financial help to attend Girl Scout camps in Northern California. Girls who live outside of this Council must contact their local Girl Scout Council for financial aid information. Girls must be registered and placed for a summer camp program Girl Scouts by April 15.

DEADLINE: Financial Aid requests must be submitted no later than May 15.

Financial aid decisions are not made until camp placement has been confirmed. Families may request financial assistance for one session of resident camp OR no more than two sessions of day camp. All information is confidential.

To Apply: financial aid

1) Complete the financial aid and the camp registration forms or register online. Note: the camp registration form and financial aid form are two separate forms and are processed separately.

2) List the name of camp, program, and fee for which assistance is being requested on the financial aid form.

3) Girls or families must pay at least the deposit for their camp session. Should the financial aid amount requested not be fully granted and applicant chooses to cancel their registration, a refund of the deposit will be allowed. In such case, a refund request must be submitted in writing by Aug. 31.

4) Financial aid is based on need and this must be clearly reflected on the form. The Council takes into account income level, family size, and a detailed explanation of circumstances when granting financial assistance.

5) Documentation that verifies income level must be provided with the form (i.e. paycheck stub, tax return, unemployment check receipt, etc.)

6) Incomplete forms or those missing proof of income will not be reviewed.



Girl Scouts of Northern California

1310 S. Bascom Ave San Jose, CA 95128

ATTN: Financial Aid



Important – Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed. Camp space will NOT be held for incomplete applications. Please allow up to 4 weeks for application processing.


Call 800-447-4475, ext 6012